FULL – OCT16/17.21 – IPSC TRAINING CERTIFICATION COURSE – BLACK BADGE – ABBOTSFORD
Cost and Materials
COVID-19 has resulted in some changes to the material below.
I have been notified by the Abby club, as we are indoors, you will need to provide your COVID Vaccine QR code, or acceptable option, and identification.
If you have a special situation, please phone me and we can discuss your case.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Contact me as soon as possible as I will be sending all materials, etc. by email before the course date.
You MUST have a membership in IPSC BC to register for the course. Visit
Once you have your receipt for $120 you may then contact me to register for the course.
The IPSC Training Certification Course (“Black Badge”) fee is $225 and includes:
- An IPSC BC membership for the current IPSC season
- 16 hours of instruction by IPSC Canada co-founder and longest certified Training Course Instructor, Murray Gardner
- Scoring supplies (targets and tape) and all range equipment
- If you are not a member of the host club, Abbotsford Fish & Game Club, there will be a $10/day Day Card fee
- There is a $75 cancellation fee, without notice on reasonable grounds, 72 hr before the first day of the course to offset expenses incurred
- The class is held indoors so that weather, either too hot or too cold, will not affect the students ability to learn all that is required.
You will need to bring:
- Your own pistol, holster, magazines, and magazine pouches. This Extreme Pistol Equipment Checklist will help you sort it out. (If necessary, I can supply you with all the equipment you need and give you direction on getting ammunition. Call me to discuss at 604-889-3822 between 9AM and 5PM please.)
- Ammunition (min 350 rounds)
- Refreshments, appropriate clothing to the weather, etc.
- 2018 NROI Rulings
In the interest of Safety, NROI Canada will be prohibiting the use of Blackhawk Serpa Holsters and their variants that unlock in the same manner (using the trigger finger to release the firearm above the trigger guard) as of January, 1, 2018. The design of this holster has resulted in many documented accidents; has been banned by multiple law enforcement agencies and other sporting associations. This is covered under rule 5.2.6 – Range Master’s authority – IPSC Canada has deemed it unsafe and is use will not be permitted in any IPSC competitions.
Payment and Pre-work
You are required to pay for your course with EMT or cash at least 7 days before the first session.
On payment, you will receive your course materials and a receipt for payment. You will need this time to pre-read the course material and complete the Open Book exam that will be marked the Wed before the first day.
The Open Book exam is 50 questions, True/False or multiple choice, that will help you learn the rules you need to be successful at IPSC. All of the answers are in the material you will receive when you register.
You MUST complete this exam the Tuesday BEFORE the first day of the course. This exam can take up to 1.5 hours to complete. You may find it helpful to use this searchable online copy of the IPSC Rule Book so you can search for keywords.