Black Badge Training Course – Port Coquitlam – June 19,20
Welcome to the IPSC Black Badge Course. Here you will learn the skills necessary to safely participate in the exciting sport of dynamic pistol competition!
In order to participate in matches you must first complete and pass the Training Certification Course, also know as your Black Badge.
Please contact me directly prior to registering to confirm space is available. High volume of requests may lead to overbooking and date unavailability.
Register with IPSC BC. To do so, visit:
Once you have your receipt for $120, please contact me to register for the course.
The IPSC Training Certification Course (“Black Badge”) fee is $205 and includes:
- An IPSC BC membership for the current IPSC season
- Minimum of 16 hours of instruction by 2019 Provincial Championship Co-Match Director and PCDHFC IPSC coordinator Adam Brawn
- Course material including comprehensive rule book
- Scoring supplies (targets and tape) and all range equipment
- There is a $75 cancellation fee, without notice on reasonable grounds, 72 hr before the first day of the course to offset expenses incurred
You will need to bring:
- Your own pistol, holster, magazines, and magazine pouches. This Black Badge Course Checklist will help you sort it out. (Please contact me for information regarding equipment and ammunition.)
- No trigger finger release holsters are permitted, refer to this bulletin (2018 NROI Rulings)
- Ammunition (min 350 rounds)
- Refreshments, appropriate clothing for the weather, etc..
Payment and Pre-work
Payment for the course may be done via EMT. Information will be provided upon course registration (Contact me).
Upon successful course registration, you will electronically receive your course material. You will need this time to pre-read the course material and complete the Open Book exam that will be marked the Wed before the first day.
The Open Book exam is 50 questions, True/False or multiple choice, that will help you learn the rules and safety points you need to be successful at IPSC. All of the answers are in the material you will receive when you register.
You MUST complete this exam the Wed BEFORE the first day of the course. This exam can take up to 1.5 hours to complete. You may find it helpful to use this searchable online copy of the IPSC Rule Book so you can search for keywords.